Originally Published: November 15, 2017 5:55 a.m.
Choirs and musicians from Quad-City area churches are joining together to present the fourth annual interfaith Celebration of Thanks performance.
This free event takes place from 6 to 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 16, at Sacred Heart Church, 150 Fleury St. in Prescott.
The public is invited to bring a nonperishable food item to donate to Prescott Community Cupboard, but a donation is not required to enjoy the celebration.
This year’s celebration theme is, “Grateful to Know You — One in Community.”
The evening will include a candle-lighting ceremony, children and adult choirs, and other live musical performances by local groups and soloists from a variety of religious faiths. There will also be brief Thanksgiving readings and congregational singing. It will be an evening of shared reflection and gratitude.
The Quad-City Interfaith Council is sponsoring this celebration of thanks.
For more information, contact Deacon Kimball Arnold at 928-778-7031 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faith Community Participants
American Lutheran Church
Center for Spiritual Living Prescott
Coalition for Compassion & Justice
Congregation Brith Shalom
Granite Peak Unitarian Universalists Congregation
Prescott Habitat for Humanity
Prescott Sufi Circle
Sacred Heart Catholic Church
St. Luke Ebony Christian Church
St. Luke’s Episcopal Church
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
More like this story
- Annual interfaith Celebration of Thanks benefits local food bank
- Community Celebration of Thanks concert Nov. 18: Children and Adult choir performances to benefit Prescott-area food banks
- Community Celebration of Thanks concert: Giving thanks in song
- Interfaith council to host ‘Celebration of Thanks’ Nov. 16
- See Gallery: Many Voices of Thanks Interfaith concert