Originally Published: November 10, 2017 6:01 a.m.
HOUSTON (AP) — A suspect robbing a Houston doughnut shop handed out doughnuts to customers whose cellphones he stole.
The Star-Telegram reports that the robbery happened at 3 p.m. on Oct. 16 at a Shipley’s Do-Nuts. Police released surveillance video this week that shows three men wearing hoodies and bandannas robbing the store.
While two of the men were behind the counter demanding the cash from the registers, the third took the cellphones of the two customers in the store. He then jumped over the counter, exchanged words with the customers and picked out two crullers, which he handed to them in wax paper.
The suspects, who were wearing hoodies and bandannas to mask their faces, then left the store. Police are searching for them. Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to call the Houston Police Department at 713-222-TIPS (8477).
More like this story
- Video: Suspect does warmup stretches in parking lot before robbing Dunkin’ Donuts
- Phoenix pharmacy customer shoots armed man demanding opioids
- Two men captured on video stealing $4,000 worth of jewelry from Chino Valley business
- Police seek suspect in theft from jewelry store
- Police continue search for bank robbery suspect