Originally Published: November 9, 2017 5:59 a.m.
The Prescott, AZ General George Crook chapter, NSDAR was proud to present, ‘Night at the Museum,’ a scholarship and awards fundraiser on Oct. 28.
Hosted by Dr. Anne Marie Ward, Social Chair and Regent Sharon Johnson at the home of Dr. Anne Marie (member) and Robert Ward, guests were treated to an evening of appetizers, cocktails, and a raffle, while having the opportunity to peruse the Ward African and North American trophy room, as well as their meteorite collection hall.
Robert Ward’s meteorite collection is one of the largest privately owned meteorite collections in the world and his trophy room created an atmosphere worthy of the ‘Night at the Museum’ moniker.
With 40 guests including chapter, prospective, and community members, the chapter raised over $1,000 for the various awards and scholarships given by the chapter, while simultaneously sharing with the community about DAR and what the chapter does within the community.
The General George Crook chapter is delighted to boost the amounts of current scholarships and awards and to further expand the scholarships and awards given at the chapter level with other national DAR programs.
More like this story
- New board of officers installed for National Society Daughters of the American Revolution
- Guest speaker Robert Ward speaks to Daughters of the American Revolution
- New officers for General George Crook Chapter NSDAR
- National Society Daughters of the American Revolution hosts fundraiser for Sharlot Hall
- Dr. Steve Dow spoke at recent DAR program