Prescott Solid Waste kicks off annual spring cleanup
Crews will pick up large items for disposal
The City of Prescott Solid Waste Division will provide a residential cleanup to help households dispose of items too big for regular trash pickup.
According to a news release from the city, crews will pass through neighborhoods one time only, and the route will be completed by Friday each week.
Dates for the 2017 annual cleanup include:
• Monday routes, March 27 (residents who may have missed their scheduled pick-up date this week may call 928-777-1116 and schedule a pickup).
• Tuesday routes, April 3
• Wednesday routes, April 10
• Thursday routes, April 17
• Friday routes, April 24
The news release emphasizes that all items must be placed on the curb by 6 a.m. on Monday of the pickup week.
“The earliest materials can be placed out for collection is the Monday before the scheduled pickup, or seven days before pickup will begin,” the release states. “Materials must be bagged,
boxed, and/or bundled; and be no longer than four feet and not weigh more than 75 pounds.”
Appliances containing, or which have contained, CFCs (Freon) must be accompanied by a certificate from a licensed professional stating that the CFCs have been evacuated.
In addition, annual cleanup rules include:
• All materials must be bagged, boxed or bundled for collection.
• Tree limbs and lumber must be cut to four-foot lengths and tied.
• Items must not weigh more than 75 pounds.
• No tires, oil or lead acid type batteries will be collected.
• No liquid paint, pesticides or other household hazardous wastes will be collected.
• No contractor or demolition debris will be collected.
Other items not eligible for pickup include: tires; oil; auto batteries; household hazardous materials (paints, pesticides, oil, etc.); concrete, blocks, brick, asphalt, stone or dirt; CFC containing appliances without certificates.
“There are limits to the volume of material eligible for collection,” the news release states. “Please call if you have questions before placing material out for this collection.”
More information is available by calling 928-777-1116.