Rants & Raves
Got something on your mind? Tell us about it in 40 words or less.
- A non-government consulting firm should do an analysis on the City of Prescott for personnel and salaries as well as what assets are NOT a part of required city service. Example: Airport, Refuse Service.
- Why worry about more lights when the town cannot even time the lights it has now? Properly timed lights would increase the flow of traffic. Perhaps the Prescott Valley police should get to work.
- More guns everywhere - Jesus wept.
- In regard to Coach Moran, I have heard only good things about him. I also hear the football team and parents are all very upset over his dismissal. Is authority taking precedent over and succeeding without being held accountable?
- Rave: Two perfect visual locations in Prescott: Flag pole of Lamb’s Chevrolet on Highway 69, and the Prescott Resort as seen from 69.
- Our family supports Coach Moran and want him to remain the beloved coach, teacher and mentor to our kids. At the meeting everyone was weeping over the decision not to renew his contract! PLEASE bring him back!!!
- RE: Summer Concert Series: As long as my tax dollars are not used to pay performers. We missed all of the concerts last year, enough said. If the performers are dependent on this venue, they are in the wrong business.
- RE: Gun rights: Businesses that allow guns inside are doing law-abiding people good. Gun violence is mostly done by criminals inside of stores. They ignore “no guns allowed” signs where “they” become the protected ones.
- RE: Drug facilities: Is the reason some rehab homes go with state registration because the state is slower on inspections? When the city’s inspectors get it together, will they have the authority to close non-complying homes immediately?
- Holding the state liable for gun training effectively places the state in charge of ownership. Laws regulating who can buy and own guns exist. To make them liable for every action would in effect nullify the 2nd Amendment.
All Rants&Raves are subject to editing. Submit RANTS&RAVES at dcourier.com/rants-and-raves or email firstname.lastname@example.org.