Originally Published: June 7, 2017 5:59 a.m.
Yavapai Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution is pleased to announce that one of their members has been awarded the Phyllis “Mom” Lacey Volunteer of the Year Spirit Award. This award was given to Kathy Machmer on April 22, 2017, at the Volunteer Recognition Ceremony put together by the Northern Arizona VA Health Care System Voluntary Services. This award, named for beloved volunteer Phyllis “Mom” Lacey, is awarded to a volunteer who expresses an uncompromising level of spirit. The selected individual is generous with their time and talents. They bring light and life to many of our Veterans. The award honors them for their passionate contribution to the mission of the VA.
Kathy has been a member of the National Society Daughters of the American Revolution since 1997 and a member of the Yavapai Chapter since 2006. She has been the Regent of the chapter and is currently the committee chair for DAR Service to Veterans. Also, Kathy is the Arizona State DAR Organizing Secretary. She is the DAR VA Volunteer Services Representative for Northern California.
Information provided by Yavapai Chapter DAR.
More like this story
- Yavapai Daughters of American Revolution clean up Prescott cemetery
- Yavapai Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution
- Community News: Sons, Daughters of the American Revolution dedicate historical plaque
- Daughters of the American Revolution visit American Legion
- DAR marches in Veterans Day parade