Originally Published: July 18, 2017 5:56 a.m.
The unidentified driver called the Auburn police Tuesday, telling a dispatcher that he was afraid of snakes and would rather burn his car than touch the garter snake that was coiled in his car door.
The police, who noted the unusual nature of the call in a Facebook post, sent Officer Travis Barnies to assist the driver.
Barnies removed the snake, then got a selfie with it before releasing the foot-long snake into the wild unharmed.
More like this story
- British driver totals Ferrari an hour after purchase
- Snake species believed to had vanished reappears in Arizona
- Florida campus police officer battles snake in online video
- Police arrest man for allegedly kicking officer, trying to take his gun
- Video: Officer uses car to push burning truck out of drive-through