Originally Published: January 25, 2017 6:26 a.m.
MANCHESTER, N.H. (AP) -- A New Hampshire woman is accused of striking a police officer in the face with her hands while demonstrating a sword trick.
Police responded to the Manchester home of 51-year-old Lisa Bunker on Monday night for a report of a possible domestic disturbance involving a sword.
They say Bunker accidentally struck herself with the sword, causing a cut over her eye. Her ex-husband suffered small cuts to both hands while trying to take the sword away.
When police arrived, authorities say Bunker started demonstrating sword tricks and struck an officer in the face with her hands.
Bunker was charged with resisting arrest, simple assault and reckless conduct. She was being arraigned Tuesday.
It wasn't immediately clear if she had a lawyer, and a phone number couldn't be found for her.
More like this story
- Police: Former employee hacked system, stole 2 million airline miles
- Man accused of reckless driving after car clocked at 136 mph
- Update: Heavily tattooed escaped inmate found in Pennsylvania
- Jail job applicant not hired, arrested instead in theft case
- Editorial: Remember fallen officers, risks they take