Originally Published: February 26, 2017 5:57 a.m.
The local chapter of the Sons of the American Revolution (SAR) celebrated their 20th anniversary on Saturday, Feb. 18.
State leaders of SAR joined the celebration by attending a special luncheon at Plaza Bonita Family Mexican Restaurant.
The Prescott Chapter SAR was chartered on February 22, 1997. It has since perpetuated the memory of revolutionary war patriots and promoted fellowship among their dependents.
It has also honored outstanding boy scouts and junior and senior ROTC (reserve officer’s training corps) cadets annually; assisted veterans in various ways as well as raising funds for the Honor Flight Arizona program to support WWII veterans’ visits to the WWII Memorial in Washington DC; participated in many local and statewide color guard activities, including marching in local parades; taking part in youth and adult American history programs such as “Constitution Week” for many schools; and cooperating in projects with the national society of the Daughters of the American Revolution and other hereditary, patriotic and benevolent organizations.
For more information on the SAR, go to www.azssar.org and www.sar.org.
More like this story
- Arizona Sons of the American Revolution celebrates 120th anniversary
- Sons of the American Revolution's ice cream social raises money for 5 Honor Flight trips
- Prescott Valley's DAR cleans up cemetery
- Ice cream social will benefit Honor Flight Arizona
- Yavapai Daughters of American Revolution clean up Prescott cemetery