Originally Published: August 31, 2017 10:40 p.m.
Baylie Stephens recorded a team-high 17 kills, Nynke de Vries had 16 kills and Kanani Hiapo added 45 assists for the Yavapai College volleyball team in a thrilling 3-2 come-from-behind victory over Eastern Arizona on Thursday night.
The Roughriders showed their resiliency, falling 25-23 and 26-24 in the first two games before battling back for a 25-15 win in game three, a 25-17 victory in game four and finally, a 15-11 win to cap the comeback and give Yavapai (3-2, 1-0 ACCAC) its third straight win.
Yavapai plays host to its annual Roughrider Invitational beginning today at Walraven Gym in Prescott. The Roughriders will host Colorado Northwestern Community College today at 1 p.m., then battle No. 11-ranked Snow College out of Utah in the nightcap at 7 p.m.
On Saturday, the Roughriders will play Utah State-Eastern at 11 a.m., than wrap up the tournament with a 4 p.m. match against Southern Nevada.
More like this story
- JuCo Volleyball: Roughriders spike Scottsdale, claim 4th-straight win
- Preview: Yavapai College spikers still aim for postseason despite being green
- Fall Preview: Yavapai volleyball seeks 3rd straight postseason appearance
- Yavapai spikers advance to district championship match
- Roughriders finish Dalton Overstreet invite 3-1