Rants & Raves: Aug. 20, 2017
Got something on your mind? Tell us about it in 40 words or less.
- Stop the cars from lining up along Williamson Valley Road to pick up their kids after school. It was one lane blocked, now they’re blocking two lanes. An accident is bound to happen. Where are the police?
- California is probably the worst example of American values. The problem is many Californian residents are moving to Arizona. Don’t bring those ideas to our great state!
- Trump needs to pardon Arpaio! He kept Maricopa County safe for many, many years! And he did his job to uphold the law against illegals!
- The removal of Confederate statues of “history” is an act of altering history; altering facts. Though people disagreeing with this have the right to protest.
- If we can’t have a statue of Robert E. Lee in Charlottesville, New Orleans, etc., we need to take down the statues of Martin Luther King too.
- Do you know our public utilities are by state constitution allowed to be monopolies? This should change! And they are guaranteed a 9 percent return on investment (ROI).
- School vouchers - Here’s the thing, I really don’t care for the taste of Prescott’s water. Do you think I could get a voucher to buy bottle water?
- Observed the solar eclipse on March 7, 1970, in Charleston, South Carolina, called the Eclipse of the Century. The crickets came out chirping like it was night. A wonderful and amazing experience.
- The powers that be might want to stop, look and listen. If this town keeps on current track it will be just one more overcrowded place instead of the nice small quaint town it always has been.
- George Carlin said: “Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.” How true.
All Rants & Raves are subject to editing. Submit RANTS & RAVES at dcourier.com/rants-and-raves or email firstname.lastname@example.org.