Trusted local news leader for Prescott area communities since 1882
Wed, July 17

Torch ignites Paulden home’s roof

Damage to the roof of a Paulden home.
Courtesy/Central Arizona Fire & Medical

Damage to the roof of a Paulden home.

photo

Interior damage to a Paulden mobile home caused by a torch igniting roofing materials on a new porch.

A torch being used to construct a new porch roof on a mobile home caught roofing materials on fire on Monday, Aug. 14, Central Arizona Fire Division Chief Rick Chase said.

Firefighters responded to a call of a structure fire at about 4 p.m. in the 25000 block of N. High Desert Road in Paulden, and found the fire burning the roof and in the attic.

Fire crews extinguished the flames quickly, and interior damage was confined to the attic, Chase said. Firefighters were able to save most of the homeowner’s belongings.

No one was injured in the fire.

Contact

This Week's Circulars

To view money-saving ads...