Rants and Raves: Aug. 15, 2017
Got something on your mind? Tell us about it in 40 words or less.
- RE: APS – Arizona has allowed by law each utility to be a monopoly with a guaranteed return on investment. This needs to be changed allowing us to select our power provider!
- Judge Napper will be a great addition to the Yavapai County Superior Court. Undoubtedly a great appointment.
- I hope parking, the high curbs and wide street on Marina won’t be ruined the way was done on Alarcon. It’s pretty, but not useful, expensive, and will be difficult to plow when snowy.
- So the city believes the drought is over and will probably approve the 10k homes at the Deep Well Ranch (irony?). I guess we can all now quit conserving water and go back to our wasteful ways.
- Let’s see now, 10,000 new homes, airport expansion and a new mine exposing the community to carcinogenic dust. Might as well live in Phoenix, at least they have water.
- I-17 closures damage Prescott’s economy. I-17 northbound requires dedicated truck lanes and two passing lanes on the uphill segments.
- RE: Corvette show – Move it to Prescott Valley Event Center and/or that entertainment district!
- RE: Corvette show – I don’t know where that show could move to. There isn’t as nice a venue as the courthouse. That show generates a lot of revenue; don’t shoot yourselves in the feet, City Council, it’s also for charity.
- Looks like the Deep Well Ranch developers are planning another city. Not what we all moved here for. The city needs to take a stand or just raise their hands and give up.
- We moved here in 1957 when I-17 wasn’t as “improved” as it is now. The same issues when something happened. It costs too much to change. Prepare for the worst when you travel the road and hope nothing happens.
- Religions are to spirituality as Velveeta is to cheese!
- Interstate 17 needs to provide legal crossovers (like ladders) to reverse or offer one-lane travel on the other side. This example is “key” to doing something and it probably will have to come from “outside” ADOT!
- Nancy Kirkpatrick Wright has volunteered tirelessly throughout her life. She is a worthy recipient of the Sharlot Hall Award. Congratulations to Mrs. Wright; thanks for your dedication!
All Rants & Raves are subject to editing. Submit RANTS & RAVES at dcourier.com/rants-and-raves or email firstname.lastname@example.org.