Photo by Les Stukenberg.
Originally Published: August 4, 2017 8 p.m.
Updated as of Saturday, August 5, 2017 6:26 AM
Mayer Flooding 08 04 17
Rainfall Totals (June 15-Aug. 3)
Prescott (Sundog plant) 6.75”
Prescott (Love Field) 5.37”
Chino Valley 3.22”
Prescott Valley (Cholla Drive) 5.00”
Spring Valley 2.66”
Gateway Mall (Oro del Sol St.) 9.39”
Source: National Weather Service
Stagecoach Village Trailer Park resident Terry Spray watches as Big Bug Creek washes over its banks forcing evacuations in Mayer Friday, Aug 4.
Heavy rains fell Friday in rapid bursts on towns along the Highway 69 corridor, but flooding was confined mostly to the areas near the creeks.
A mandatory evacuation order was issued for residents located in low-lying areas near Big Bug Creek around noon.
Deputies stopped traffic on roads covered with floodwaters, especially around Stagecoach Road. By 2 p.m., the waters had receded and evacuations were canceled.
More like this story
- Flooding in Spring Valley, Mayer Thursday worst yet this season
- Flooding causes evacuations near Big Bug Creek
- Flooding prompts city evacuation, numerous road closures throughout county
- Flash flood warning for Williamson Valley, Big Chino area
- Flooding forces evacuation of mobile home parks in Mayer