Originally Published: April 30, 2017 5:57 a.m.
Pet Club closed in Prescott
Pet Club, a pet-store chain, has closed its Prescott location.
The store was near Trader Joe’s within a shopping center called Shops at Prescott Gateway, 250 N. Lee Blvd.
The closure came with no warning on Tuesday, April 18, said former Pet Club employee David Silva.
None of the store’s employees, of which there were about eight, were offered a severance package or the opportunity to transfer to another store, Silva said.
No specific reason for the closure was provided to the employees either, Silva said. The store first opened in June of 2013.
Pet Club could not be reached for comment in time for publication and DDR Property Management, which was leasing the building to Pet Club, refused to comment.
New Dollar Tree in Chino Valley
A Dollar Tree opened in Chino Valley on Thursday, April 27.
It has taken an empty space at 1949 Highway 89 (right next to Shopko Hometown).
The space was originally part of the former Alco building. When Shopko moved into the space in July 2016, it didn’t want to lease the entire space.
Therefore, the owner of the property split the building into separate sections with the intention of filling the additional space with another tenant.
Dollar Store is now that tenant.
To submit items for the Courier’s Need2Know, email email@example.com; for legal advertisements, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Need2Know: Blimpie Sub Shop closes
- Need2Know: Bob’s Barber Shop to move; Chino Valley Shopko Hometown shutting down; Mountain Valley Regional Rehab Hospital in top 10 percent; Flour Stone Bakery and Café in Mayer expands hours
- NEED2KNOW: Phippen Museum and Embry-Riddle recognized; Fowler Commercial sold; Shopko open house
- Need2Know: Kmart building in escrow; Papa John’s returning to PV?; Sam’s Club draws attention; ‘pink’ thrift store opens; Ft. Knox does U-Haul
- Old Navy among the latest wave of departures from the Frontier Village Center