Originally Published: April 12, 2017 6 a.m.
RENO, Nev. (AP) — A teen's Twitter stunt to win a year of free chicken nuggets from Wendy's might become the platform's most retweeted post of all time.
Carter Wilkinson asked the fast food chain on Twitter last week how many retweets it would take for him to get free nuggets for a year. Wendy's replied, "18 million." The 16-year-old from Nevada took up the challenge, writing: "Consider it done."
Wilkinson's screenshot of the exchange has since been retweeted nearly 2.5 million times and is getting closer to the all-time retweet mark of nearly 3.3 million, held by Ellen DeGeneres' viral tweet from the 2014 Oscars.
Wilkinson tells the Reno Gazette-Journal (http://usat.ly/2pphHKr ) that all the attention is "a little distracting," and he's now known as "the chicken nugget man" at his high school.
More like this story
- Dave? Dave? Kansas City man gets tickets for helping Chief
- Video: Little girl befriends water heater she thinks is a robot
- Watch: Dog pushes shopping cart at California grocery store
- Indiana trooper wins praise for stopping too slow driver
- Weapons found in armor vehicle used to block Hoover Dam bridge