Photo by Les Stukenberg.
Originally Published: September 16, 2016 11:18 a.m.
Just after 9 A.M. a horn sounded for the two minute warning. Then with a countdown from 10, the old Hell Canyon bridge on Highway 89 between Prescott and Ash Fork, Arizona went crashing into the canyon Friday, September 16, 2016.
More like this story
- Construction work begins July 14 on new bridge over Hell Canyon (VIDEO)
- Hell Canyon Bridge construction project brings out the 'big toys' (VIDEO & GALLERY)
- Editorial: Bridge safety is questionable
- Editorial: Safety ranking only as stable as bridges
- $14M bridge to span Hell Canyon: Current bridge is 61, deficient