Celebrate Life Health Expo features health-focused communities
What’s more inviting than a friendly neighborhood? For Celebrate Life Health Expo ’16 participants, the answer is six welcoming, activity-filled neighborhoods.
“This year’s Expo features ‘neighborhoods’ for people of all ages as well as health, wellness and career interests,” said Robbie Nicol, executive director of community outreach and philanthropy for Yavapai Regional Medical Center. “We’ll have health screenings, activities, career advisers and even opportunities to meet one-on-one with YRMC physician specialists.”
The expo is from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, May 21, at Prescott Gateway Mall, 3250 Gateway Blvd. in Prescott.
Get a jump on the day by joining the mile-long Health Expo Mall Walk around Gateway Mall at 8:30 a.m. Sgt. Steve Rosen of Kickstart Boot Camp for Women in Prescott will lead a warmup for the walkers. Those who complete the walk will receive a free fanny pack and a pedometer.
Expo neighborhoods focus on six topics: kids, heart health, spine health, health and wellness, careers and jobs, and volunteers.
Among the activities:
• Tours of YRMC’s Partners for Healthy Students Mobile Health Clinic
• Child safety demonstrations by Yavapai County Sheriff’s Office
• Back massages from professional therapists
• Sessions on selecting produce and preparing meals on a budget from Prescott Farmers’ Market
• Info on a variety of health careers and educational opportunities to get there
• A chance to meet therapy dogs from YRMC’s PAWS program
• Info on volunteer opportunities with YRMC
• The opportunity to see what radiologists from Prescott Medical Imaging and Prescott Valley Medical Imaging learn from interventional X-rays
• Easy breathing demonstrations from YRMC’s Respiratory Therapy Services
• Information on affordable health coverage
“The mall stores and vendors are all in with YRMC’s Celebrate Life Health Expo,” said Nicol. “This will definitely be a full day of fun for families.”
Look for more information on YRMC’s Facebook community at https://www.facebook.com/YavapaiRegionalMedicalCenter/events.