National Get Outdoors Day is June 11 on Prescott National Forest
Prescott National Forest will waive day-use fees in celebration of National Get Outdoors Day on Saturday, June 11, as one of several “fee free” days offered throughout the year.
The fee-free program is held in cooperation with other federal land management agencies under the Federal Lands Recreation Enhancement Act. Fees are waived generally for day-use areas, such as picnic grounds, developed trailheads and destination visitor centers. Concessionaire-operated sites may be included in the waiver if the permit holder wishes to participate.
As part of this nationwide event fees will be waived at the following sites:
• Lynx Lake Recreation Area: North Shore, South Shore and Lynx Creek Ruin
• Granite Basin Recreation Area: Cayuse, Wekuvde, Boat Launch, Playa, and Metate
• Thumb Butte Recreation Area
• Alto Pit OHV Recreation Area: Day Use Site
• Mingus Day Use
• Mingus Lake Day Use
This year’s fee waiver dates are as follows:
• National Get Outdoors Day – June 11
• National Public Lands Day – Sept. 24
• Veterans Day – Nov. 11
For more information on National Get Outdoors Day, visit http://www.nationalgetoutdoorsday.org.