Originally Published: June 7, 2016 11:14 a.m.
CHINO VALLEY – Four people were taken to the hospital after a two-vehicle crash Monday afternoon, June 6, at Highway 89 and Road 2 North, according to Chino Valley Police Lt. Vince Schaan.
A car being driven south on Highway 89 by a 28-year-man was making a left turn onto Road 2 North, at about 3 p.m., when it was struck by a northbound pickup driven by a 56-year-old man.
“Witnesses reported the light for north- and southbound traffic turned yellow at which time the truck … accelerated into the intersection at the same time the (car) made a left turn. The (car) struck the driver door of the truck in the intersection causing the truck to spin counterclockwise until it came to rest facing south in the northbound travel lane,” Schaan said, and “resulted in four people being transported to Yavapai Regional Medical Center by ambulance, the driver and passenger from both vehicles.”
Schann said there had been no charges or citations issued as of Tuesday morning.
More like this story
- Chino Valley man dies from injuries in Hwy 89 rollover
- Two-car accident in Chino kills PV woman Saturday
- Two injured in Chino Valley crash
- Driver ejected, flown to hospital after crash on Highway 89 in Chino Valley
- Road 1 North/Highway 89 traffic signal in Chino Valley slated for funding in fiscal year 2022