Photo by Max Efrein.
Originally Published: July 24, 2016 5:55 a.m.
Mall’s food court is filled
For the first time in several years, the Prescott Gateway Mall’s food court has a tenant in every stall.
Joining Subway, Dairy Queen/Orange Julius and Peavine Coffee House, three additional eateries have recently set up shop.
Le Bonita offers pizza and snacks, Chai’s Thai serves Thai dishes, and Tia Mina’s Kitchen serves Mexican food.
Liquor Barn closing
About 10 years after moving into their location at 405 W. Goodwin St., the owners of Liquor Barn are moving on.
The store will be closed at the end of July and the space is currently available for lease.
The owners were unwilling this past week to comment about the decision to close or whether they intend to re-open at a different location.
Former dealership property
A national auto repair company has entered escrow on the former Prescott Honda dealership site on Iron Springs Road, said JT Purvis with Prescott Properties Real Estate, the firm managing the sale of the property.
The escrow process will likely take about five more months, Purvis said.
The property has been vacant for several years now, but not due to a lack of effort, Purvis said.
“It’s been in escrow twice before,” he said. “Each time it took about four to six months and then fell apart toward the end.”
This time, however, Purvis is thinking the sale will stick.
“They’ve put a good amount of money into the process already,” he said. “They have renderings done, drawing plans and have been communicating with the city. They’re getting ready for a big remodel.”
To submit items for the Courier’s Need2Know, email email@example.com; for legal advertisements, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
More like this story
- Need2Know: New Prescott espresso bar/consignment shop; PV Denny’s closed for renovation; Mall has new food court tenant
- Need2Know: Four new tenants coming to Gateway Mall; Uma’s Haven Resale Store benefits animal shelter; and Prescott DermaLiftClinic celebrates third anniversary
- Need2Know: Circle K has plans for old Hastings site; retail on Whipple; Forest Trails real estate office reopenss
- Need2Know: Foot Fetish moving; Atmosfir now serving alcohol; Flourstone Bakery open on Sundays
- NEED2KNOW: Pet Club closed in Prescott; new Dollar Tree in Chino Valley