Originally Published: December 20, 2016 6 a.m.
Great Lakes Airlines took off Sunday, Dec. 18, with its inaugural non-stop flight of the 30-passenger Brasilia turbo-prop from Prescott to Los Angeles International Airport.
As previously reported, the airline will be offering more commercial flights and larger aircraft from the Prescott Municipal Airport.
According to the City of Prescott, Great Lakes has renewed its service to Denver and introduced a considerably larger aircraft, the Brasilia.
The Brasilia is a twin-turboprop commuter airliner with a flight attendant and restroom facilities.
The aircraft will make two roundtrip flights each day to Los Angeles (LAX), and two roundtrip flights each week to Denver (DIA). The Denver flights stop briefly in Farmington, New Mexico.
Tickets are available on Great Lakes’ website, flygreatlakes.com, or by calling 1-800-554-5111.
Great Lakes provides Prescott’s commercial air service through the federal Essential Air Service (EAS) subsidy program.
More like this story
- Great Lakes to expand service at Prescott Airport Dec. 17
- Great Lakes Airlines adds Denver connection, as of Aug. 1
- SkyWest is city’s top choice for Prescott Municipal Airport
- United Express set to begin flights from Prescott in late August
- Prescott council supports continuing with Great Lakes Aviation, larger plane