Photo by Associated Press.
Originally Published: December 13, 2016 10:44 p.m.
TUCSON — Arizona junior quarterback Anu Solomon announced he is transferring after three seasons as the Wildcats’ starter.
Solomon made the announcement on Instagram Tuesday. Solomon is expected to graduate early and would be eligible to play next season.
The dual-threat quarterback from Hawaii had a superb redshirt freshman season after a tight race to become the starter, throwing for 3,793 yards and 28 touchdowns while leading the Wildcats to the Fiesta Bowl for the first time. His passing yards were most by an FBS freshman in 2014.
Solomon threw for 2,667 yards and 20 TDs last season, but struggled with injuries this season, playing just five games.
More like this story
- Dawkins, Taylor lead Arizona past Hawaii 47-28
- Arizona Football 2014: Contest for starting QB first step entering camp
- Solomon returns to field, Arizona routs Oregon St. 44-7
- Rodriguez: Arizona’s problems fixable; home opener against Grambling State is Saturday
- 2017 Wildcats Preview: Arizona looking for bounce-back season