Originally Published: August 12, 2016 6 a.m.
Yavapai County Recorder Leslie Hoffman is reminding voters about important information regarding the upcoming Primary Election that will be held Tuesday, Aug. 30:
• All registered voters are eligible to vote in the Primary Election; the deadline to register to vote in this election was Aug. 1.
• If you are a registered Independent, Other or Party Not Designated and are on the Permanent Early Voter List; you must tell the Recorder’s Office which party ballot you want mailed to you. Please call 928-771-3248 or visit www.yavapai.us/electionsvr (click on early ballot request).
• Permanent Early Voter Ballots were mailed by Friday, Aug. 5. Be sure to sign to sign your affidavit envelope with your original handwriting.
• For those voting at a Vote Center, you will need to present proper identification. Visit online at www.yavapai.us for Vote Center locations and the Secretary of State website for Vote Center identification requirements atwww.azsos.gov/elections/voting-election.
• Last day to register to vote or change your party affiliation was Aug. 1, 2016
• Early voting began Aug. 3, 2016
• Last day to request an early ballot by mail is Aug. 19, 2016
• Last day to vote early in person is Aug. 26, 2016
• Election Day – Vote Centers will be open 6 a.m. to 7 p.m., Aug. 30, 2016
Call Yavapai County Voter Registration at 928-771-3248 or toll free at – Ash Fork, Bagdad, Seligman, Yarnell 800-771-2797, Black Canyon City 602-495-8800, or the Verde Valley 928-639-8100 for more information.