Originally Published: December 11, 2015 6 a.m.
Acker Night is tonight, Friday, Dec. 11 and once again, Fancy That!, 124 S. Granite St. #A, is participating, hosting music at both locations. However, owner Sara Murray decided the store needed to raise more money for the J.S. Acker Music Park Association than the $75 that's usually put in the tip bag, Murray wrote in an email.
As a result, Murray ordered more than 200 plaid scarves to sell during Acker Night, she wrote. Murray's goal is to sell all of them at $10 per scarf to bring in more than $2,000.
"Her vision is everyone wandering around downtown wearing the same plaid scarf showing they have supported the Acker event," Murray wrote. "This is our favorite night of the year and all for a good cause."
More like this story
- Fancy That! boutique to sell scarves as Acker Night fundraiser
- Dec. 8 Acker Night a one of a kind event
- Quad Cities in Brief: Garrison Keillor performing at YC in February despite recent allegations
- Acker Night to fill the air with music
- Acker Night music fills downtown Prescott (VIDEO & PHOTO GALLERY)