Originally Published: December 9, 2015 6 a.m.
Looking to buy holiday gifts that make a difference? Look no further than A Giving Market, set for 2 to 6 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 12, at 5ive, A Vintage Market, 514 E. Sheldon St. in Prescott.
A Giving Market is presented by Bought Beautifully, a nonprofit organization started by Prescott native Emily Acklin Betzler. The organization acts as a global marketplace for fair trade products, including jewelry, journals, clothing and home décor.
The products are made by companies doing business ethically - paying fair wages, providing a safe and positive work
environment, not using child or slave labor.
There's a misconception that shopping ethically is expensive, Betzler said: "It's pretty affordable."
Most of the items are priced in the $15-$35 range.
More like this story
- Gifts that make a difference: Prescott native brings ethically sourced products sold by companies that share God's love to 5ive, A Vintage Market, Dec. 12.
- Fashion Critic @Large: Pumpkins & Pearls
- PRACTICAL SAVER: Christmas doesn't have to be expensive
- Ethics essential for today's small businesses
- Shop Local: Unique holiday gifts abound