PRESCOTT - To help City of Prescott residents properly dispose of large trash items, the Solid Waste Division is conducting its annual spring bulk item cleanup.
Details of the schedule include:
Wednesday route pick-up service starts April 13;
Thursday routes will be picked up starting April 20;
Friday routes will be picked up starting April 27;
All items must be curbside by 6 a.m. Monday of the designated week; and,
City crews will progress through neighborhoods one time only, and the route will be completed by Friday each week.
Cleanup rules include:
1. All materials must be bagged, boxed or bundled for collection.
2. Tree limbs and lumber must be cut to four-foot lengths and tied.
3. Items must not weigh more than 75 pounds.
4. Appliances containing, or which have contained, CFC's (Freon) must be accompanied by a certificate from a licensed professional stating that the CFC's have been evacuated. Compressors and motors must be removed.
5. No tires, oil or lead acid type batteries will be collected.
6. No contractor or demolition debris will be collected.
Further information is available by contacting the City of Prescott Transfer Station at 928-777-1116.