Originally Published: September 28, 2014 6 a.m.
PREP CROSS COUNTRY
Chino Valley completes road trip to Los Angeles
Chino Valley High's cross country team hit the road to compete in the Bell-Jeff Invite at Griffith Park in Los Angeles on Saturday.
The Cougars' girls' team finished fourth in the medium schools division (700 to 1,800 students) with 143 points.
"The girls ran well today, and I hope this continues," Chino coach Marc Metz said.
Rosio Aguiar was the top finisher for the Chino Valley girls, taking 16th in 22:12. McKeisha Nez (17th, 22:23) and Cheyanne Penton (34th, 23:18) followed.
Other finishers for the Cougars' ladies included Hannah Sanders (48th, 24:37), Becca Tupper (54th, 25:01), Mya Pullins (58th, 25:19) and Christina Ballard (81st, 30:50).
The Cougars' boys' team placed eighth with 221 points. Pacing Chino was McKenzie Nez, who finished 10th in 16:37.
"It was a great race for McKenzie," Metz said. "This is his best race of the season so far."
Other boys' finishers for Chino included Uriel Saldana (62nd, 19:05), Daniel Shepherd (68th, 19:20), Scott Blakley (71st, 19:37), David Gehman (81st, 20:31), Brenden Tupper (82nd, 20:37) and Taylor Blakley (91st, 21:53).
More like this story
- Twombly-Ellis finishes 1st for Prescott at Bradshaw cross country invite
- Chino Valley cross country team runs its season finale
- Chino cross country runs in Flagstaff, then heads to LA
- Chino Valley cross country runners make mark at California invite
- Chino Valley girls' cross country takes 3rd out of 10