A proposed 379-unit housing project, Touchmark at the Ranch, has been endorsed by the Prescott Chamber of Commerce. The development is expected to be built in phases, including single-family and apartment living choices with living styles from independent to assisted living and memory care. The City Council is expected to vote on the project April 1. Touchmark is proposed to be built on the property just east of Walmart on State
The chamber based its support on the growing need for facilities such as this as our population grows and our median age continues to increase. Also, the project will generate a number of temporary construction jobs and will create up to 200 jobs when the development opens.
More like this story
- Chamber Focus: Touchmark at the Ranch
- Growing pains: Another developer faces public opposition over project size, traffic concerns
- Touchmark touches a nerve: Public divided on pros, cons of senior housing project
- Touchmark moves on to final design
- Public voices objections to Touchmark complex; developers agree to reduce height