Originally Published: March 26, 2014 6 a.m.
PRESCOTT VALLEY, Arizona - A man who allegedly tried to take a woman's car at gunpoint early Sunday morning was arrested, according to a police spokesman.
About 3 a.m., Ryan Lee Musgrove, 28, asked a 23-year-old woman for a ride at a convenience store near Viewpoint and Highway 89A. When she refused, Musgrove pulled out a handgun and demanded the car, Sgt. Brandon Bonney said.
"She yelled to a friend who was nearby and he assisted her," Bonney said. Musgrove left the parking lot on foot.
Police found him under the Highway89A overpass at Viewpoint, Bonney said, and they recovered the gun.
When they talked to him, he "made admissions about his involvement," Bonney said.
He was booked into the Camp Verde jail on one count of armed robbery and one count of disorderly conduct with a weapon.
More like this story
- Man who tried to carjack woman in Prescott Valley gets 6.5 years in prison
- PV woman arrested after allegedly stabbing and trying to run over people
- Woman loses debit card, man faces charges for allegedly using it
- Two arrested after Prescott Valley confrontation allegedly turns physical
- Domestic violence call leads to multiple charges