Originally Published: April 17, 2014 1:49 p.m.
A juvenile male was killed in Prescott Valley April 16 in a shooting incident police are now investigating as a homicide.
According to Prescott Valley Police Department Sgt. Brandon Bonney, police responded to a report of multiple shots fired just after 11 p.m. Wednesday night. The incident occurred on the 8400 block of Tracy Drive. When police and emergency personnel with Central Yavapai Fire District arrived, they found a 17-year-old male suffering from multiple gunshot wounds. The juvenile was transported to Yavapai Regional Medical Center's East Campus and then to the Banner Good Samaritan Hospital in Phoenix, where he died from his injuries, police said.
Bonney said the matter remains under investigation. Anyone with information on the incident that could lead to the identification of a suspect is asked to call PVPD Detective Oen at 928-772-5167 or call Yavapai Silent Witness at 1-800-932-3232.
Check back with PVtrib.com for updates as they become available.
More like this story
- 17-year-old Prescott Valley juvenile dies in shooting incident
- Teen killed in shooting last week identified
- Officials investigate suspicious deaths in Prescott Valley house fire
- Prescott Valley double homicide: Man released as investigation continues into shooting of his mother, brother
- Two teens face multiple felony charges after alleged assaults on officers