Originally Published: October 22, 2013 6 a.m.
Arizona State Credit Union presented a check for $186,488.48 to Prescott Firefighters Charities Oct. 16 at Station 7 in Prescott. The money was donated by credit union members, with $20,000 coming from the credit union itself. According to Paul Stull, senior vice president of strategy and brand for AZSTCU, the company, seven of the Granite Mountain Hotshots who died in the Yarnell Hill fire June 30 were members of the credit union. The credit union's employees and customers wanted to reach out and help the surviving families of the firefighters, Stull said.
More like this story
- How you can help the Yarnell Hill fire's victims, their families
- Organizations accepting donations for those affected by Yarnell Hill fire
- UPDATED: Where to make donations for evacuees, Hotshot victims' families
- Prescott Firefighter Charities says fundraisers for Hotshots failed to pass proceeds on to families
- Windermere raises $28,000 from charity golf tournament