Originally Published: July 19, 2013 6 a.m.
Windermere Real Estate Northern Arizona in Prescott raised $28,000 from its recent Charity Golf Tournament for Prescott charities and the families of the 19 fallen Granite Mountain Hotshots firefighters.
Windermere donated $5,000 to the Arizona Credit Union for the families of the Hotshots, and the credit union will match that amount, according to Ed Pattermann, designated owner/broker at Windermere.
Pattermann produced a breakdown where other proceeds will go. It includes $4,600 to the Boys to Men Mentoring Network, $2,500 to Yavapai Exceptional Industries and Big Brothers Big Sisters, $2,000 apiece to the Arizona Burn Foundation, Blankets 4 Kids Inc., Yavapai Casa for Kids and Stepping Stones, and $1,500 to Prevent Child Abuse Arizona.
Windermere also gave $1,000 apiece to Chino Valley High School, Prescott Meals on Wheels and Prescott Community Cupboard, and $900 to Prescott Youth Football.
More like this story
- Windemere Real Estate gives $25K to CASA for Kids
- Charity golf event: Windermere Real Estate raises $8,400
- Credit union raises $186K to help Hotshots' families
- Prescott Firefighter Charities says fundraisers for Hotshots failed to pass proceeds on to families
- Hotshot golf tournament organizer says proceeds will go to wildfire causes within the coming weeks