Originally Published: July 5, 2013 8:14 a.m.
Horses with HEART, located in Chino Valley, Ariz., puts on its annual Happy Hearts Rodeo that kicks off the opening night of the Prescott Frontier Days Rodeo in Prescott, Ariz., on July 1, 2013. Children with special needs, ages 5-12, took up roping, bull riding, and horseback rides around the arena to enthusiastic cheers from the audience. Photos by Sue Tone/Prescott Valley Tribune.
More like this story
- Come out to cheer on special needs kids at Happy Hearts Rodeo
- Happy Hearts Rodeo: Event seeks people to cheer kids on Thursday
- Happy Hearts Rodeo helps special-needs children be cowboys, cowgirls for a day
- Rounding up smiles: Special-needs children participate in own rodeo
- Happy Hearts Rodeo focuses on special children