Originally Published: August 31, 2013 6 a.m.
BAGDAD - Deputies with the Yavapai County Sheriff's Office arrested a 15-year-old Bagdad male Wednesday on charges of burglary, theft of a credit card, fraudulent use of a credit card and identity theft.
The juvenile, reported to be on probation for out-of-state theft charges, was booked into the Prescott Juvenile Detention Center. Police said he confessed to possession of the credit card, as well as two other cards, that he later turned over to deputies.
The juvenile reportedly told deputies the cards were stolen from an unlocked vehicle located on McKnight Street. He indicated that he attempted to use one of the cards at an ATM, but was unable to access the account without the PIN number.
The owner of the items reported the theft at the Bagdad YCSO substation earlier that day and said he learned a student from a local school had possession of the cards. After a brief investigation, a suspect was identified and interviewed at the school.
More like this story
- Credit card fraud suspect identified, in-custody
- Traffic stop leads to arrests on multiple charges
- Second suspect in Cornville burglary already in jail
- Prescott Valley woman arrested on charges of stealing mail
- K9 stop leads to meth, stolen vehicle and credit card fraud; suspect hides drugs in his body