Originally Published: April 18, 2013 9:50 p.m.
Kestrel High School students and teachers plant a Bradford pear tree Thursday after completion of a mosaic tile bench outside the Prescott school. The bench is a replica of the Granite Creek Park bench torn down by the City of Prescott for diverging from the design plan and failing to meet safety requirements.
More like this story
- Editorial: Life, war, peace and the bench
- Benchmark achievement: Students recreate torn-down public art piece - with Kristin Anthony's help
- The Great Granite Creek Park Bench Controversy: Community art or safety hazard?
- Kestrel High plans to re-create park bench
- Top Stories of 2011: #5 - Public Art's Struggle: Bench's construction, destruction fuels debate