Trusted local news leader for Prescott area communities since 1882
Fri, Oct. 18

Don't hire a handyman for a homebuilder's job<br>
He may say he can do it all, but does the Registrar of Contractors agree?<br> He may say he can do it all, but does the Registrar of Contractors agree?

When the Arizona Registrar of Contractors grants a license to an individual or company, the license states a classification. The purpose of this classification is to specify the scope of work for which the license holder is qualified.

A C-21 landscaping license holder can perform landscaping on residential but not commercial properties. The bearer of a C-30 finish carpentry license can install, repair, and finish cabinets, countertops and wood flooring, but cannot remodel or build a home. A contractor with a C-61 minor home improvement license can do remodeling or repairs to an existing structure that cannot exceed $25,000 for labor and materials per project. If you hire a contractor with a C-61 license and the total cost of the job is $25,001 or higher, the contractor is outside his or her scope of work.

A list of classifications can be found at, or call the Yavapai County Contractors Association at 778-0040 for a copy.

Event Calendar
Event Calendar link
Submit Event

This Week's Circulars

To view money-saving ads...