Originally Published: October 12, 2012 12:01 a.m.
Two adults who died in a Thursday afternoon shooting in Prescott Valley are a mother and son, Prescott Valley Police Sgt. Brandon Bonney said in a news release Thursday night.
Investigators have also said that murder-suicide has been ruled out, Bonney said, adding that the victims will not be formally identified until next of kin are notified.
Shortly after the shooting, Bonney said that a man was taken from the scene to be interviewed by investigators.
At 2:47 p.m., police officers, firefighters and paramedics responded to a report of shots fired in the 3600 block of Robert Road in Prescott Valley.
The caller reported there were two victims, Bonney said.
"We searched the house and adjoining apartment and found two individuals dead inside the apartment," Bonney said. "They had obvious signs of trauma. The investigation is being treated as a homicide."
A woman nearby who did not want her name used said she did not hear or see what happened at the home earlier, but she did see officers escorting a young man with blood on him from the home into a patrol car and driving away.
More like this story
- Prescott Valley double homicide: Man released as investigation continues into shooting of his mother, brother
- Victims' identities released in PV double homicide
- Prescott Valley Police investigate apparent murder/suicide
- Prescott Valley man killed as wife hands him shotgun
- Officials investigate suspicious deaths in Prescott Valley house fire