Originally Published: February 10, 2012 10:21 p.m.
PRESCOTT - Former Elks Opera House Manager Dawn Castaneda will return to Prescott Magistrate Court next month to face a misdemeanor charge of shoplifting.
Castaneda reportedly appeared in Magistrate Court Wednesday for her arraignment and entered a not-guilty plea.
The court set a pre-trial hearing on the matter for 8 a.m. March 5.
The shoplifting charge stems from a Dec. 22, 2011, incident. Castaneda's arraignment originally had been scheduled in late January, but she did not appear at that time. Court officials said she had until Feb. 10 to appear.
The pre-trial hearing in Magistrate Court will occur on the same date as Castaneda's Yavapai County Superior Court sentencing for felony theft.
On Jan. 31, Castaneda pleaded guilty to felony theft, agreeing that she had taken property from the City of Prescott between Sept. 20 and Oct. 20, 2010. The judge in that matter set Castaneda's sentencing hearing for 3 p.m. March 5.
More like this story
- Dawn Castaneda pleads guilty to theft, faces new charges in alleged December 2011 shoplifting incident
- Judge sentences Castaneda to four years of probation
- Castaneda pleads not guilty to five charges
- Castaneda theft case delayed for possible plea agreement
- Another continuance granted in Castaneda case