Originally Published: December 22, 2012 9:49 p.m.
PRESCOTT VALLEY - The Yavapai County Recorder Voter Registration mailed notices this week to 21,041 registered voters here to notify them of an election March 12, Registrar of Voters Karen McCracken said.
The yellow card, printed in English and Spanish, tells voters the election will be by mail only - with no polling places - and states they do not need to request an early ballot unless they will be out of town for the 26-day period before the election.
The card says official ballots will be mailed to voters beginning Feb. 18. That is seven days after the deadline for registering to vote or reregistering in the case of changes in names, addresses or party affiliation.
Voters will pick a mayor and three Town Council members, and decide the fate of the General Plan 2025 update and home rule, which gives town staff more flexibility in establishing the municipal budget.
More like this story
- Vote on Cordes Lakes incorporation coming soon
- PV voter pamphlets arrive in mail
- Election is 11/08/16 (not 11/18/16): 2,500 voters notified of incorrect date on ballot envelope
- Chino Valley school district residents have until Feb. 8 to register to vote
- Elections officials assure public that ballot problem is isolated