Originally Published: October 25, 2011 10:20 p.m.
Joining the likes of Sting, Cher and Madonna, Drew Ryniewicz of Chino Valley is now known simply as "Drew" and on Tuesday night made the final three on "The X Factor."
With her soulful rendition of "What a Feeling" (from the "Flashdance" soundtrack), Drew joined co-competitors Melanie Amaro and 13-year-old Rachel Crow to the next round, which will be televised 7 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 2, on FOX.
Judge Simon Cowell - the girl contestants' mentor and show creator - stated several times throughout Tuesday night's show that he would be faced with one of the most difficult decisions he's had to make in deciding which two of the remaining five contestants in the female performers category he would have to let go.
When it came time to make his decision, Cowell then stated, "This is the easiest decision I've had to make. My first girl through is Drew."
More like this story
- 'X Factor's' Drew Ryniewicz: Chino Valley teen talks about ascent to fame
- Chino Valley's Drew Ryniewicz makes 'X Factor's' final 10
- Video: Drew Ryniewicz of Chino Valley performs "Must Have Been Love" for Simon Cowell
- Abdul to Drew: 'Don't take fashion advice from Simon'
- Drew Ryniewicz: Local singer makes impact on music scene VIDEO