Originally Published: November 3, 2011 9:17 p.m.
With her performance Wednesday night of Nelly's "Just a Dream," Chino Valley's own Drew Ryniewicz sealed her spot in the final 10 of Fox's "X Factor."Wednesday's show was the first time the American public took part in the process, voting via toll-free numbers. The public spoke and Drew joined nine other contestants to advance to the final weeks before finding out who will win the $5 million grand prize.After her performance Wednesday, judge Simon Cowell said of Drew, "I'm seeing a star emerge before my eyes."Drew commented after her performance on Wednesday, "This is the most nervous I've ever felt because it's not up to just one person. It's up to millions, and it's really intense."During Thursday's show, the 10 finalists were announced, which aside from Drew included LeRoy Bell, Brian "Astro" Bradley, Lakoda Rayne, Chris Rene, Josh Krajcik, Stacy Francis, Marcus Canty, Rachel Crow, and Melanie Amaro, who last week Drew stated would be her biggest competition.Also advancing by winning a lowest-vote showdown was the group The Stereo Hogzz.The competition continues 7 p.m. Wednesday on Fox.
More like this story
- 'X Factor's' Drew Ryniewicz: Chino Valley teen talks about ascent to fame
- Video: Drew Ryniewicz of Chino Valley performs "Must Have Been Love" for Simon Cowell
- Chino Valley teen advances to top 3 on 'X Factor'
- Chino Valley X Factor star back in Arizona
- Drew Ryniewicz: Local singer makes impact on music scene VIDEO