Originally Published: May 19, 2011 9:45 p.m.
Prescott police referred three Prescott High School students to juvenile detention on charges of shoplifting and minor in possession of alcohol after school security told an officer they saw the students shoplift alcohol at a grocery store.
A school administrator told the officer he searched the teenage girls and found four bottles of Club Vodka Martini's inside one girl's purse and all three girls told the administrator they stole the alcohol from the store during a school assembly, according to the police report.
The girl who had the alcohol in her purse told the officer she knew the other girls placed the alcohol in her purse and when they went through the checkout line she paid for a Sobe drink, according to the police report.
The students received school discipline and were released to their parents, according to the police report.
More like this story
- Girl arrested on charges of possession of a dangerous drug
- Teen allegedly hid drug pipe in highlighter
- Teen suspended for bringing BB gun to school
- Eight girls suspended for allegedly drinking '99 Bananas' alcoholic beverage on campus
- Teen girls sent to juvenile hall for alleged alcohol possession at school in morning