Originally Published: May 6, 2011 9:48 p.m.
Prescott Valley police arrested David E. Quigley, 51, Friday on charges of one count of sexual exploitation of a minor after investigators received information from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children that led officers to believe that a local man was downloading child pornography from the Internet.
Sgt. Brandon Bonney, spokesman for the Prescott Valley Police Department, said more formal charges will follow after review from the Yavapai County Attorney's Office.
The information provided led investigators to a home in the 3100 block of Majesty Drive in Prescott Valley where they spoke with Quigley, Bonney said.
Investigators found that Quigley was in possession of numerous pictures of child pornography and, during an interview, Quigley reportedly told investigators that he downloaded and possessed several hundred pornographic photos of children, Bonney said.
"There is no information at this time that he has offended against children, but he did possess numerous depictions of child pornography," Bonney said.
Bonney noted that a person convicted of possession of child pornography could be sentenced to more than 10 years in prison for each image.
More like this story
- Prescott man arrested on child sex charges
- Prescott Valley man arrested on sexual exploitation charges
- Chino Valley PD assists U.S. Marshals in arresting Kansas man accused of child sex offenses
- Arizona judge gives former Prescott man 170 Years for child porn
- Chino man arrested, accused of possessing child pornography