Originally Published: March 25, 2011 9:50 p.m.
Prescott police arrested a man on St. Patrick's Day on charges including DUI drugs and aggravated DUI after officers stopped him for a noise violation for a loud stereo and saw signs of impairment.
An officer booked James Anthony Peters, 18, of Chino Valley into the Yavapai County Jail in Camp Verde on charges of three counts of aggravated DUI, one count of DUI drugs and one count of DUI, impaired to the slightest degree.
At 9:31 p.m. on Thursday, March 17, an officer monitoring traffic at the intersection of Willis and Cortez streets heard a loud stereo approaching the intersection, so the officer pulled behind the car and stopped the driver at Willis and Montezuma streets.
When the officer spoke with the driver, later identified as Peters, he noticed four teenage girls in the car, and saw that Peters was nervous and visibly shaking, according to the police report.
The officer administered field sobriety tests that indicated recent marijuana usage, according to the police report.
More like this story
- Woman arrested on DUI charges after crashing into spa
- Man arrested on charges of DUI after crashing into parked car
- Police say driver who crossed center line several times had marijuana, meth, opiates in his system
- Woman arrested after reportedly asking passenger to 'eat or hide' drugs
- Three arrested on possession charges