Originally Published: June 30, 2011 9:50 p.m.
Prescott police booked Christopher Eugene Wood, 27, of Mayer into the Yavapai County Jail in Camp Verde on June 20 on charges of possession of dangerous drugs and felony shoplifting after he reportedly told an officer he shoplifted a pair of shorts, and the officer later found heroin in a small aluminum container in his pants pocket.
At 10:15 a.m., an officer answered a call about shoplifting at the Walmart on Highway 69. The office saw two men matching the suspects' descriptions crossing the highway toward Gateway Mall and stopped them. When the officer asked Wood if they had shoplifted anything, Wood pointed to a pair of shorts that he put on the ground in front of him, according to the police report.
The officer took the men back to Walmart where a store employee told them the men had picked up two blue Walmart bags, headed to the rear of the store, and concealed items from several sections of the store in the bags, then left the store, according to the police report.
More like this story
- Police arrest Mayer man on charges of possession of drugs, shopliftng
- Drugs, gun, teeth found on man stopped at S. Carolina store
- Police allege woman is serial shoplifter, charge her with felony
- Prescott police arrest suspected shoplifters after chase
- Shoplifting incident turns violent, police allege