Originally Published: July 29, 2011 10 p.m.
Prescott Valley police booked Michael James Kerley, 26, of Prescott Valley into the Yavapai County Jail in Camp Verde on 20 counts of trafficking in stolen property and one count of felony theft after investigators found evidence he sold pieces of jewelry, reported stolen earlier this month, to a local gold dealer on 19 different occasions.
In early July, officers took a report that about $20,000 of jewelry and other items were stolen from a home in the 3700 block of Taylor Drive in Prescott Valley, said Sgt. Brandon Bonney, spokesman for the Prescott Valley Police Department.
Investigators identified Kerley as a suspect and learned he knew the victim in this case, Bonney said.
Kerley also reportedly sold other items stolen from the home, some of which were recovered, Bonney said.
More like this story
- Prescott police arrest 3 Chino Valley residents for fraud
- Man found in possession of stolen rock crusher claims transient left it there
- Thieves steal jewelry from Kmart in 3 a.m. break-in
- Three teens arrested on charges of burglary
- Two arrested, another two facing charges, in Prescott Valley vehicle burglaries