Originally Published: June 27, 2010 9:40 p.m.
On July 31, Open Door, a program of CCJ, will distribute backpacks and school supplies to hundreds of quad-city area children. Last year more than 500 children benefited from the Fair Start project. With approximately 50 percent of Quad-city area children eligible for free or reduced price school lunches, CCJ expects to serve even more this year.
To ensure all Quad-City Area children have a Fair Start to school with a backpack and the supplies they need, CCJ is collecting tax-deductible donations of backpacks and school supplies through July 30. Donations accepted Monday through Friday at CCJ/Open Door, 505 West Gurley St. in Prescott. Mail monetary donations to P.O. Box 1882, Prescott, AZ 86302. Fair Start collection bins are also located at many stores and places of worship throughout the Prescott area. For information about Fair Start sponsorships contact Julie Meyers at 776-0353.
Find more information about CCJ on the web at www.YavapaiCCJ.org.
More like this story
- Donate now to give area students a great start to the new school year
- Donate school supplies to give children a ‘fair start’
- Open Door needs donations for Fair Start program
- Program provides backpacks, school supplies to families in need
- Low-income solution: Saturday's Fair Start event cuts costs on school supplies