Originally Published: December 29, 2010 9:50 p.m.
Prescott police detectives arrested two men on Dec. 23 on charges including burglary after following up leads on items stolen from a vehicle in a store parking lot.
Officers booked Brendan McDonough, 19, of Prescott Valley and Seth Taylor, 19, into the Yavapai County Jail in Camp Verde on felony charges of burglary in the third degree and trafficking in stolen property.
During the burglary in September, two suspects stole items from a vehicle parked in the lot of the Walmart on Gail Gardner Way, said Lt. Andy Reinhardt, spokesman for the Prescott Police Department.
Detectives identified the license plate number of the vehicle the suspects left the scene in after examining store video and learned the vehicle was registered to McDonough, Reinhardt said.
"An MVD check of his license photo showed that McDonough was the same person detectives had seen in the video," Reinhardt said. "Detectives checked into his known associates and identified 19-year-old Seth Taylor as the person with him at Walmart."
When detectives spoke with McDonough and Taylor, the men admitted to the burglary, Reinhardt said. Then detectives recovered items stolen from the vehicle and returned them to their rightful owner.
More like this story
- Pair allegedly stole $45K from Walmart to pay for car, sex-change operation
- Prescott police arrest 3 men in connection with string of 12 burglaries
- Woman arrested on charges of burglary in jewelry store thefts
- Two men arrested in connection with at least 20 auto burglaries
- Police arrest three teens on auto theft, burglary charges