Originally Published: December 18, 2010 9:57 p.m.
It was with great sadness that I recently learned of the passing of Dorrean Walker, whose obituary ran in the Courier in May 2010. Ms. Walker recently retired as a Prescott High School teacher. I first met her nearly 10 years ago when she was the teacher sponsor of the Prescott High School Mock Trial team, for which I volunteered as an attorney coach. Over the many years that we both were involved with the high school mock trial program, I developed a great deal of admiration and respect for this dedicated and hard-working teacher. Ms. Walker devoted countless hours of her own time to helping our city's children in and out of the classroom.
Although some time has passed since Ms. Walker's death, I hope everyone whose life has been influenced by a dedicated teacher like Ms. Walker takes a moment this holiday season to remember her and the many other dedicated teachers in our community.
More like this story
- <I>A prestigious honor for a special teacher</I><BR>Legal community recognizes PHS' Dorrean Walker
- Obituary: W. Dorrean Walker
- Local schools opt out of Mock Trial competition
- <I>Making a mock-ery of the court</I><BR>Prescott team takes trial talents to state competition
- <b><center>Letters to the Editor</b></center>